Thursday, January 19, 2012

Health Tip of the Day:

Listen to your body! As you start off on the road to a healthy diet you should notice the changes in how you feel , not just how you look. After I tossed out the junk food ,which really wasn't so difficult, I never missed it. How and why do you ask? Well after you get started eating the real food your body craves you just plain feel better. You'll find yourself having more energy, sleeping better, feeling happier , and even living your life in a better body. After you eat something greasy and fried, ask yourself, "how do I feel now?'. For me, that is not just yucky and gross, but it also leaves me with stomach aches and sometimes guilt. If we take the time to listen you can find out what your body really needs and I wants, speaking from my own experiences. By healthy food I'm referring to raw fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean protien sources like chicken or tofu, and healthy fats found in fish, nuts, and olive oils. But remember, have some fun once in a while too! If your really having a pop tart withdrawl (am I the only person that gets these?) that you've been suffering through for a month, then jesus have one. I know moderation is hard but its a key to eating healthy and staying fit without having to count calories and go on crazy diets.

No comments:

Post a Comment