Sunday, January 15, 2012

Raw Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Balls

I got the recipe for these healthy and scrumptious little delights from Sondi Bruner. Great for pre workout fuel and very filling and nutritious. Go check her out @ thecopycatcook.wordpress.com. She has tons of healthy and raw recipes that anyone would love.

Recipe from:
thecopycatcook.wordpress.com
1 cup sunflower seeds
                                                        1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (I didnt have these, I used cocoa nibs instead which can be found at most health food stores)
1/4 cup sesame seeds (I used a mixture of sesame & chia seeds)
1/4 cup shredded coconut
4 tsp poppy seeds
1/4 tsp allspice or cinnamon (I like the allspice)
2/3 cup raisins (I used dates)
3 tbsp lemon juice
grated zest from half a lemon
(I also added 1/4 tsp of lemon extract because I'm a lemon addict)

1.) Process all seeds ( also cocoa nibs if you use them) , spices, and coconut until the seeds are well ground. Set aside two tablespoons of this mixture for coating the formed balls.
2.) Add raisins (or dates), lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract to the food processor and process until all of the raisins are small and the mixture starts to clump together.
3.) Squeeze and roll the mixture into balls. Coat with the mixture set aside and put the little lovelies in the fridge to keep them happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment